An easy and reliable home brew method that produces a cup with a fuller mouth feel than a paper filtered brew.
WHAT YOU NEED.
- Dose – 30g coffee : 500ml water
- Grind – Medium. Consistency: between demerara sugar – rock salt
- 6-cup Chemex and filter papers
- Hot water just off the boil (92–96ºC)
- Coffee paddle
STEP BY STEP GUIDE.
- Use hot water to warm up the pot of your French Press and warm up your mug/s.
- Discard the hot water and place ground coffee into the pot.
- Place your French press on a set of zeroed scales.
- Set your timer going and pour in all of the freshly boiled water, in a circular motion, wetting all the coffee grounds.
- Stir the coffee.
- Place the plunger loosely on the top of the pot and submerge the plunger slightly to wet all grounds, this helps to aid extraction and keep in the heat during the brew.
- After 4 minutes plunge slowly and serve.